How do I uninstall AVG Antivirus for Mac? That’s the question many users are asking on the Internet. Most antivirus software hide files in numerous location on the system and they tend to require a dedicated uninstaller to remove all of them. Users had better go to the software developer’s website and download the uninstaller to perform the removal. So, instead of simply dragging it to the Trash like how we do to other apps, you may need to take a different way to get rid of AVG Antivirus from macOS.
Once installed, AVG Antivirus will start automatically and is always running on the background to provide a real-time protection for your Mac. When trying to uninstall this app, you are suggested not to adopt the standard drag-and-drop method, as it does not really help uninstall the app properly. If you have deleted AVG Antivirus into the Trash, you might as well put it back, and then follow the correct steps to uninstall it.
- Launch AVG Antivirus, and head to the AVG Antivirus menu on the top bar.
- Choose the option labeled Uninstall AVG Antivirus from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Continue button in the AVG Antivirus Uninstaller window that appears.
- Wait for the uninstall to be complete, and then click Restart to reboot your Mac.
Besides, you can launch the AVG Antivirus Uninstaller by this way: open the Applications folder in the Finder, right click on the AVG Antivirus, select the Show Package Contents option, and then double click on the Uninstaller.app in the package.
Now AVG Antivirus should have been removed from your Mac. Yet, as we said before, the app files may still remain, hiding deep inside your system. To perform a clean uninstall, you can look for the possible residuals in the Library folder. The trick is to navigate to the specific directory in Finder, and then use the Search feature to track down associated items with the name of the application or its developer.
- In the Finder, head to the Go menu, and choose the option labeled Go to Folder.
- Type the following path in the Go to Folder box and hit Enter key: /Library
- Type AVG Antivirus in the Search Bar, and click on Library next to This Mac.
- Identify the items with the name of AVG in the result, and delete them to the Trash.
- Repeat the steps to detect and delete the AVG leftovers in the ~/Library directory.
If luckily you could find out all AVG Antivirus residuals using the method above, you should be able to fully get rid of this app and its components from your Mac device.
Still encounter problem in removing AVG Antivirus application? Cannot locate every piece of AVG Antivirus manually? In that case, consider using an advanced, reputable uninstaller to handle this task effortlessly. Osx Uninstaller could be a good choice. Here are the three simple steps you need to do for perfectly uninstalling any apps:
- Step 1. Download Osx Uninstaller and install this tool to the Application folder.
- Step 2. Launch Osx Uninstaller, select AVG AntiVirus and click Run Analysis.
- Step 3. Review related files and folders, click Complete Uninstall button, and click Yes in the pop-up dialog to fully remove all components of AVG AntiVirus.
The video clip below shows the intuitive and straightforward removal process:
Is this post helpful for you? Welcome to leave your suggestion or comment here.